Friday, October 31, 2014

The Outdoor Adventures of Squeet and Her Untrustworthy Sidekick Pip


The Firewood Pile Noise Mystery, Part 4

Where did Pip go, did the mystery noise get her? Simply put, that’s not my problem, the noise in the wood pile mystery is my mission and top priority. Master is beginning to show signs of impatience with fishing so my time to investigate is growing short. I’m going to need to resort to drastic measures to solve this mystery before the pack leaves. To save time, rather than digging the third hole, immediate and complete deconstruction of the wood pile is needed.

Step one, I run circles around the pile yelling at the logs for at least five minutes to loosen up. Then I jump on the pile and bite the logs. I tried pushing, pulling and even several body slams to get the logs to move. The pushing and pulling helped some but my nose and mouth got filled up with mud and bark again. I couldn’t breathe so I had to quit. Man, I wish I had thumbs, this would be a lot easier.  The body slams against the side of the pile are giving results though.

Finally the pile tipped over, now I can investigate each log individually and see what’s underneath the pile. That noise must be here somewhere. I spread out the logs, sorting them by smell and texture. The Master started mumbling again, he seemed very disappointed with me and I’m not sure why. Doesn’t he understand the importance of my work dragging the logs all around? There are untold dangers under that pile. Master just doesn’t understand how the world would be safer if I could track this noise down. I sat down and stared at him for a minute but still didn’t figure it out. I found that ignoring him is the best policy when he behaves like that, so that’s what I did.

I continued with my investigation, dragging and biting logs while sniffing and snorting for clues.  I was about to look under the last log when all of a sudden there was a bright flash of light and a big boom. It startled me and I stumbled back because I wasn’t expecting that. The flashing booming noise coming from the sky was terrifying. It kept happening over and over again and again. Then it started getting louder and closer. Now it was even making water fall from the sky, how can that be possible?

Suddenly I heard Master yelling, loudly for once not just mumbling. He kept saying, Squeet go home, Squeet go home. Then all of sudden he just ran away, headed for home I think. This put me in a dilemma, either find out what the firewood pile mystery noise is or catch up to the pack. After slowly, methodically assessing the situation I decided that since all I had to eat today was mud and bark that I was in need a well-earned meal. So reluctantly I decided to go home where good chow would be at my fingertips…..pawtips……whatever.

The mystery will have to wait for another day. Besides that Pip and Master were already gone and I might need them for back up if the noise in the log pile decides to attack. I’ll keep watch over my shoulder as I run home.

 

This is the end for now, but you just wait and see mister wood pile noise, I’ll be back some day…. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

No comments:

Post a Comment